Monday, January 12, 2009

What's for dinner: stuffed mushrooms, salad

Today is the start of some perhaps less interesting dinner briefs. Today we started cutting carbohydrates out of our diet. Sigh. I know it works for me, but it sure puts a crimp in my cooking. Or at least my baking, for sure.

Dave had a meeting to go to right after he got home from work so I made us something to keep the blood sugar steady. I precooked some large mushroom caps (salted and cooked in the Advantium until the juices collected) and then stuffed them with diced mushroom stems, diced salami (one slice per mushroom) and shredded mozz (about ½ T per ‘shroom). Roasted them in the Advantium with 80% light and 40% microwaves for about three minutes.

They were good, and gave me the idea for making a “pizza” with a Portobello mushroom as the base. I’ll try that next week, I think.

After Dave gets back we’ll have a nice salad with blue cheese, tomato, bacon, and avocado. Thus will pass our first day back on this regimen.

No comments: